Alpen Helicopters has hours of experience working for various government agencies. Here is what we have to offer you.
- Our pilots are trained in mountain flying and are qualified to work with the Ministry of Forests.
- All of our helicopters are equipped with satellite (GPS) tracking systems. This gives us the ability
to pinpoint the location of our helicopters. No more guessing if your crew is on location or not.
- We have a set of STC'd (Transport Canada approved) skid extensions for use with our helicopters.
These allow us to safely, and legally, touch down on BC Hydro towers to drop off or pick up crew
- Our LongRanger is equipped with an HSRS system to carry rescue personnel on a longline,
making it possible to access and recover injured workers in almost any situation. We are available
for standby operations or immediate rescue work.
- Being in Langley means no dealing with rush hour traffic to Vancouver or Richmond. Of course
pick-up in other locations can be arranged.
Here are some examples of past jobs that we have done.
click to enlarge pictures
Alpen Helicopters was hired to help collect samples from the tops trees. It was far easier to fly from tree to tree than to have to climb each one.
Alpen Helicopters was hired to help move some tree trimming crews when some trees were growing too close to some power lines. Notice we can pick you up (parking lot) and drop you off (log pad) pretty much anywhere.
Alpen Helicopters has been hired numerous times to move crews and equipment up on top of hydro towers.